Things are getting fine =)

Hellow there ! 
Just getting back from my weekend at my gf's place. 'Til the vacay, we used to go to her student room in Cergy, but now that she's doing her internship at Angers (her hometown), I had the chance to go visit her.
She has quite an amazing house I have to say. And her father (who is a Math teacher) sure knows how to use his hands to fix and build things. They call him McGyver and from what I've seen, I wouldn't deny this nickname lol. I also met the rest of the family (her mother and youngest sister) who are quite something ^^ the middle sister is actually doing her internship in Germany so I couldn't see her.
But about that weekend, it was pretty amazing, and rich in terms of events ^^
If you were in France during these last days, you know how bad the weather was. Fortunately, when I left Paris, it was just grey and cloudy. But when I arrived Friday at Angers, it was raining. It's always nice to be welcomed with a pouring rain =/
And as some of you may know, in France, we have the equivalent of the Independence Day, except it's not the 4th, but the 14th of July. Day where the Bastille (a French Fortress which was turned into a Jail, symbol of the royalty) was taken and pinned down in 1789. It's when the France "became" a democracy. 
Anyway, from that day, we celebrate the anniversary with fireworks and all.
In Angers and some of the towns around, the fireworks are launched the 13th. So we gathered to go with all the step family. Meaning her uncles, aunts and cousins joined us. A bunch of very easy-going and cheerful people if you want my opinion =)
The downtown is a 45min-walk away from the house so we decided to make some exercise. 10 min after, it was pouring, and a few minutes later, it was raining like during the Flood Myth. Shitty weather >_<"
Anyway, it was also the Rolling Stones' anniversary, and the fireworks, synced with the music were just awesome. My girl, who enjoys dancing as much as me, found it really hard not to dance and I couldn't blame her. But under that rain and on the slippery grass, we chose to stay "safe". We got home at midnight, soaked wet and frozen. Quite an eventful start ^^
The rest of the weekend was more peaceful, but not less enjoyable. A stride along the Loire river with a picnic where we had to cuddle like penguins, or just staying at home "playing", it was really a good time. 
Needless to say, the days passed by like a lit fuse. 





Oh, and this Friday, I'm going to have a drink with some fellows at the US Embassy France. This should be quite awesome, so stay tuned !

0 commentaire(s):

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Copyright © Paradoxal Eden