Japan Expo 2012

Hey guys !
Ok so just went to the Japan Expo this weekend, and it was awesome ! So I thought it would be good to post a little update ^^
For those who don't know what it is, the Japan Expo is a convention that gather people from every corner in France (and even abroad). Their common interests ? Manga, Cosplays (Costume Playing), Video Games and everything that's about Japanese Culture. 
It lasts 4 days and takes place at the Parc des Expositions which is less than an hour from Paris. If you're interested about anything that has to deal with Japan, goodies at low prices, here is the place you must be ^^ 
It was the second time I attended it, and the first thing I noticed is the ticket's price has dramatically increased. It was something like 10 € 2 years ago, and it's now 17 € ...
I decided to go on Saturday, because that day you can also enjoy the Comic Con (Star Wars, Marvels, and much more).
Second thing that has to be said is : damn it's so freaking crowded ! The convention opens at 9 am, and my sister, her friend and me decided to go for 10 so we wouldn't have to wait too long. Bubu. Everybody had the same idea or had come even earlier. Result : we waited for almost 2 hours in the queue line ... -_-"
And the worst is that it wasn't so much due to the people, but the logistic. It was pure bs.
There were only 10 stands to buy tickets when several thousands of people were waiting. How crazy is that ?
I mean, a seller, a credit card reader, a table and a chair. It's all it takes ! And without any training, a person without any formation can deal with 10 people in less than 10 min ! No need to have a degree for that !
There were even idle staff waiting, just looking at the crowd, like zombies. And everytime we asked them to do something, they would be saying : I'm awaiting orders from my superior. Damned useless guys. Not an inch of sense of initiative. Anyway..
There's nothing much different from last time. I mean, of course, there are even more people, new mangas, video games and technologies, cars, the otakus are as friendly as ever and it's a good opportunity to meet new friends ^^ But that's pretty much it. Once you've seen it once, the element of surprise is faded. Still a good moment of course.


















 And I bought a katana (Japanese sword) !!!




The little story behind this one is that it's been ages since I've wanted to have one. But I didn't want one of those common and oversold swords. I've seen countless people wandering with Ichigo's bankai (Bleach), or one of the swords you can see in other animes (One Piece, etc). So I was almost giving up when I saw that stand and I instantly knew this was the one I had to get. It's not as long or decorated compared to most of the others. But I liked the sobriety and it just felt "right" lol.
And then, when I unwrapped it at home, there was that little tag that was with it. And guess what, it's a replica from The Last Samurai sword ^^ I wouldn't say it's my favorite movie, but it's definitely one of my fav  ^_^
So yeah, I was really happy =)

That is all.

0 commentaire(s):

Enregistrer un commentaire

 
Copyright © Paradoxal Eden